The Chikankata Hospital Laboratory is divided into four main areas of investigation which includes Clinical Chemistry, Haemotology, Blood Transfusion, Microbiology and Serology. Analytical tests carried out in the laboratory help the clinical staff to diagnose, treat and monitor patients and these include (when reagents are available):
- Creatinine, Urea, Liver Function Tests,Glucose
- Full Blood Counts, Prothrombin Time,Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate, Bleeding.Time Clotting Time, Heamoglobin F, Blood Grouping and Cross Matching
- Malarial Parasites, Solubility Test (Sickle Cell)
- Urine/Stool/CSF/ Semen/ Urethral Smears / HVS Microscopy, Gram Stain, Culture and Sensitivity
- TB / Leprosy/ HIV analysis.
- Cryptococcol Meningitis, Hepatitis, Syphilis,CD4 count innumeration
The Chikankata Hospital Laboratory is also a training centre for laboratory technology students on a three year diploma programme and collaborates closely with the academic institutes of Chikankata Biomedical Science College, Ndola College of Biomedical Sciences and the Evelyn Hone College.
We would welcome and encourage any international visitors and experts who would like to visit us and in turn set up joint partnerships and research opportunities. For more information please contact the Hospital Administrator email: email@example.com