Towards Transformative Empowerment:
Brief summary of presentation of information made
The panel speakers shared about the life of rural women in Lebanon.
- Shared the main challenges that face rural women in Lebanon:
- Achieving change
- Exclusion in decision making
- In politics women are paid 42% less than men
- Rural Women organize themselves and prove leadership in agro-processing and marketing
- Main problems expressed by Lebanese rural women are :
- Family responsibilities and household chores
- Spousal expectations
- Poor education opportunities
- Technical constraints
- Limited skills
- Women in Lebanon are generating income but are not given recognition
- Transformation requires global campaigning for equality and building relationships
What was of particular significance to share with The Salvation Army globally?
Governments need to understand that we are all equal. When one gender is not valued the result is injustice.
Web links for more information
N/ATags: United Nations, SDG10: Reduced Inequalities, SDG16: Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions, SDG4: Quality Education, SDG8: Decent Work and Economic Growth, SDG5: Gender Equality, SDG3: Good Health and Well-Being, SDG9: Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure