The first Protestant preaching of the gospel in The Philippines was undertaken by Major John Milsaps, a chaplain appointed to accompany US troops from San Francisco to Manila in July 1898. Major Milsaps conducted open-air and regular meetings and led many into a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.
The advance of The Salvation Army in The Philippines came at the initiative of Filipinos who had been converted through contact with the Army in Hawaii, returned to their homeland and commenced meetings in Panay, Luzon, Cebu and Mindanao Islands during the period 1933-37. On 6 June 1937 Colonel and Mrs Alfred Lindvall officially inaugurated this widespread work.
The Salvation Army Philippines was incorporated in 1963 as a church/religious corporation under Company Registration No 24211. The Salvation Army Social Services was incorporated in 1977 as a charitable/social welfare and development corporation under Company Registration No 73979 and The Salvation Army Educational Services was incorporated in 2001 as a school/educational corporation under Company Registration No A200009937.
Colonel David Oalang - Territorial Commander
Colonel Elsa Oalang - Territorial President of Women's Ministries
Lieut-Colonel Rodolfo Salcedo - Chief Secretary
Lieut-Colonel Josalie Salcedo - Territorial Secretary of Women's Ministries
1843 Leon Guinto Sr St
PO Box 3830
Tel:  (2) 524 0086/88; (2) 8524-2550
Country included in the territory: The Philippines
Languages in which the gospel is preached: Antiqueño (Kinaray-a), Bagobo, Bicolano, Cebuano, English, Filipino (Tagalog), Hiligaynon (Ilonggo), Ilocano, Korean, Pangasinan, T’boli, Waray
Periodicals: Home League Programme Aids, War Cry