www.fralsningsarmen.se

Commissioner Hanna Ouchterlony, inspired by the first Army meeting held on Swedish soil in Vernamo in 1878 led by the young Chief of the Staff, Bramwell Booth, began Salvation Army work in a Stockholm theatre on 28 December 1882. The first women’s home and a men’s shelter were opened in 1890. Work among deaf and blind people was inaugurated in 1895. The Salvation Army was re-established in Latvia on 18 November 1990 and on 23 January 1991 The Salvation Army in Latvia became a juridical person. On 15 November 1994 the General decided that the Sweden Territory should be called the Sweden and Latvia Territory.






Territorial Headquarters: 

Postal address

    Box 5090
    SE 102 42
    Stockholm
    Sweden

tel address: Fralsnings Stockholm
tel: [46] (08) 562 282 00
fax: [46] (08) 562 283 91
email: fralsningsarmen@fralsningsarmen.se;

Countries included in the territory: Latvia, Sweden

Languages in which the gospel is preached: Latvian, Russian, Swedish

Periodicals: FA-musikant, Stridsropet, William