The zonal departments at International Headquarters are the main administrative link with territories and commands. The international secretaries give oversight to and coordinate the Army's work in their respective geographical regions.
The International Secretary for the South Asia Zone is Commissioner Alistair Venter and the Secretary for Women's Ministries is Commissioner Marieke Venter.
Contact the Zonal Department
Territories in the Zone
The Salvation Army South Asia Zone includes the following Territories, Commands and Regions:
- Bangladesh Command
- India Central Territory (States: Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, part of Tamil Nadu)
- India Eastern Territory (States: Assam, part of Bengal, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, Tripura; also Nepal)
- India Northern Territory (States: Bihar, Harayana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Jharkhand, Orissa, Punjab, Sikkim, Uttar Pradesh, Uttaranchal and West Bengal, the Union Territories of Delhi, Chandigarh and the Andaman and Nicobar Islands)
- India South Eastern Territory (States: part of Tamil Nadu, Pondicherry)
- India South Western Territory (State: Kerala)
- India Western Territory (States: Gujarat, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan)
- Middle East Region
- Pakistan Territory
- Sri Lanka Territory
Click on the map pins for local contact details and websites.
News from around South Asia
01 January 2019
Mission must be the priority ‘however and wherever we connect with The Salvation Army’, says international leader
27 December 2018
The 376-page Salvation Army Year Book 2019 is available now, providing a complete overview of ministry right around the world
17 October 2018
General Brian Peddle and Commissioner Rosalie Peddle were guests of honour in Kuwait to celebrate 10 years of Salvation Army ministry in the Middle East
11 October 2018
The internationally popular One Army teaching resources are now available in more than 25 languages – and the number keeps growing.
20 August 2018
The Salvation Army, working in partnership with local authorities and in conjunction with other NGOs, is meeting immediate needs
13 July 2018
The Salvation Army in Bangladesh is to begin working in camps housing Rohingya people who have fled violence in neighbouring Myanmar
01 June 2018
Commissioner Lyndon Buckingham has been appointed as Chief of the Staff.
20 May 2018
The congregation left having praised God and committed themselves – on a very personal level – to being a light for God in the darkest places of the world.
29 March 2018
Young people were at the forefront of Salvation Army ministry during a children and youth weekend which is part of The Whole World Mobilising.
29 March 2018
Members of The Salvation Army's International Moral and Social Issues Council (IMASIC) attended events in the UN General Assembly in New York.