The zonal departments at International Headquarters are the main administrative link with territories and commands. The international secretaries give oversight to and coordinate the Army's work in their respective geographical regions.
The International Secretary for the South Asia Zone is Commissioner Alistair Venter and the Secretary for Women's Ministries is Commissioner Marieke Venter.
Contact the Zonal Department
Territories in the Zone
The Salvation Army South Asia Zone includes the following Territories, Commands and Regions:
- Bangladesh Command
- India Central Territory (States: Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, part of Tamil Nadu)
- India Eastern Territory (States: Assam, part of Bengal, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, Tripura; also Nepal)
- India Northern Territory (States: Bihar, Harayana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Jharkhand, Orissa, Punjab, Sikkim, Uttar Pradesh, Uttaranchal and West Bengal, the Union Territories of Delhi, Chandigarh and the Andaman and Nicobar Islands)
- India South Eastern Territory (States: part of Tamil Nadu, Pondicherry)
- India South Western Territory (State: Kerala)
- India Western Territory (States: Gujarat, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan)
- Middle East Region
- Pakistan Territory
- Sri Lanka Territory
Click on the map pins for local contact details and websites.
News from around South Asia
01 October 2021
The Salvation Army is using the day to bring attention on the positive impact girls can have on God’s creation.
17 September 2021
The theme for this year’s day of prayer, which will happen on Sunday 26 September, is Beyond the Dark, inspired by 1 Peter 2:9-10
05 July 2021
A live-streamed launch of two significant new books at International Headquarters (IHQ) in London.
28 May 2021
Salvationists and friends are invited to share in the launch of two significant new books that have been published by our International Headquarters
06 May 2021
Roots of Freedom outlines some of the progress around the four objectives from the Fight for Freedom international strategy made in 2020
30 April 2021
As leaders expressed their thanks for this opportunity, there was a spirit of unity and hope as, together, they moved forward in ministry and service
27 April 2021
Salvation Army hospitals now admitting COVID patients as demand in national system exceeds capacity
13 April 2021
The Salvation Army launches a distance learning opportunity for people passionate about engaging with their community
09 April 2021
General Brian Peddle has sent a personal letter to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
10 March 2021
For the Day of Prayer on Sunday 28 March 2021, a wide range of resources and activities has been made available