The zonal departments at International Headquarters are the main administrative link with territories and commands. The international secretaries give oversight to and coordinate the Army's work in their respective geographical regions.
The International Secretary for the South Asia Zone is Commissioner Alistair Venter and the Secretary for Women's Ministries is Commissioner Marieke Venter.
Contact the Zonal Department
Territories in the Zone
The Salvation Army South Asia Zone includes the following Territories, Commands and Regions:
- Bangladesh Command
- India Central Territory (States: Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, part of Tamil Nadu)
- India Eastern Territory (States: Assam, part of Bengal, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, Tripura; also Nepal)
- India Northern Territory (States: Bihar, Harayana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Jharkhand, Orissa, Punjab, Sikkim, Uttar Pradesh, Uttaranchal and West Bengal, the Union Territories of Delhi, Chandigarh and the Andaman and Nicobar Islands)
- India South Eastern Territory (States: part of Tamil Nadu, Pondicherry)
- India South Western Territory (State: Kerala)
- India Western Territory (States: Gujarat, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan)
- Middle East Region
- Pakistan Territory
- Sri Lanka Territory
Click on the map pins for local contact details and websites.
News from around South Asia
29 March 2018
Young people were at the forefront of Salvation Army ministry during a children and youth weekend which is part of The Whole World Mobilising.
29 March 2018
Members of The Salvation Army's International Moral and Social Issues Council (IMASIC) attended events in the UN General Assembly in New York.
09 March 2018
General André Cox and Commissioner Silvia Cox were greeted by a large group of Salvationists and friends at Chennai Airport
05 March 2018
Around 75 officers gathered at Trivandrum Airport to welcome General and Commissioner Cox to the India South Eastern Territory.
16 February 2018
Special weekend will encourage younger members of The Salvation Army to take the lead in reaching communities with the love of God
14 February 2018
The Salvation Army is helping people to rebuild homes in the remote Rangamati Hill Tracts on the Bangladesh-India border
09 January 2018
Useful maps and information provide an up-to-date snapshot of our ministry, making the book a 'must-read' for anyone linked with The Salvation Army.
20 December 2017
The Salvation Army Across Southern India Responds to Cyclone Ockhi
04 December 2017
Gen Cox offers thanks to the many whose selfless contributions enable The Salvation Army to ‘mobilise in the fight against injustice around the world’
03 November 2017
More than 100 Salvationists and friends gathered at Trivandrum International Airport in India to welcome the Chief of the Staff and Comr Rosalie Peddle