The Salvation Army's evangelistic endeavours in Mozambique were pioneered 1916 by Mozambican converts returning from South Africa. The work was recognised by the Mozambican government in 1986 and officially registered in June 2005. Previously part of the Southern Africa Territory, Mozambique became a separate command on 1 March 2008. It was elevated to a territory on 1 March 2011.
Avenue Filipe Samuel Magaia, 860, Maputo, Mozambique
Postal address: PO Box 4099, Maputo, Mozambique
Tel: +258 843007490
Countries included in the command: Mozambique
Languages in which the gospel is preached: Portuguese, Chopi, Gitonga, Makhuwa, Ndau, Sena, Tsonga, Tswa