Ministerial Round Table – Good Practices in the Empowerment of Rural Women and Girls
Brief summary of presentation of information made
Rural women are the key to development and they should be not left behind when it comes to access to education, infrastructure and technology, food security and nutrition.
All speakers, who were the representatives of governments around the globe, considered the same issue and made a commitment to the following:
- Link women to financial facilities to allow them easy access to credit.
- Combat gender based violence
- Promote education of women and girls in remote areas.
- Promote information and communications technology (ICT) programs in remote areas
- Promote access to water and sanitation and health care facilities.
What was of particular significance to share with The Salvation Army globally?
The Salvation Army should also continue to combat gender-based violence, promote education of women and girls, and promote access to health facilities in their programmes.
Recognising the importance of information technology in learning and education The Salvation Army is encouraged to promote and support its provision and use.
Web links for more information
N/ATags: United Nations, SDG4: Quality Education, SDG5: Gender Equality, SDG3: Good Health and Well-Being, SDG9: Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure, SDG2: Zero Hunger