Role of Women as Governance towards Gender Equality
Brief summary of presentation of information made
- The Kenya constitution of 2010 has included women to participate in political positions and leadership.
- For the gender equality to be attained, people need to move beyond commitment to action.
- The Kenyan government has given women an opportunity to participate in political leadership. This is viewed as a step and a methodology to represent and amplify women voices from local to national levels.
- It pays to work and empower women in all levels and gender equality should be inclusive even in education.
- Public participation is the key to good governance, peace security, humanitarian response and economic development.
What was of particular significance to share with The Salvation Army globally?
- Women have the ability to govern and they should be encouraged to participate in leadership spaces thus gender equality.
- Supporting and empowering women gives them an opportunity to voice their concerns both in local and national levels and be able exercise their leadership abilities.
Web links for more information
N/ATags: United Nations, SDG4: Quality Education, SDG5: Gender Equality