The zonal departments at International Headquarters are the main administrative link with territories and commands. The international secretaries give oversight to and coordinate the Army's work in their respective geographical regions.
The International Secretary for the South Asia Zone is Commissioner Alistair Venter and the Secretary for Women's Ministries is Commissioner Marieke Venter.
Contact the Zonal Department
Territories in the Zone
The Salvation Army South Asia Zone includes the following Territories, Commands and Regions:
- Bangladesh Command
- India Central Territory (States: Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, part of Tamil Nadu)
- India Eastern Territory (States: Assam, part of Bengal, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, Tripura; also Nepal)
- India Northern Territory (States: Bihar, Harayana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Jharkhand, Orissa, Punjab, Sikkim, Uttar Pradesh, Uttaranchal and West Bengal, the Union Territories of Delhi, Chandigarh and the Andaman and Nicobar Islands)
- India South Eastern Territory (States: part of Tamil Nadu, Pondicherry)
- India South Western Territory (State: Kerala)
- India Western Territory (States: Gujarat, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan)
- Middle East Region
- Pakistan Territory
- Sri Lanka Territory
Click on the map pins for local contact details and websites.
News from around South Asia
04 September 2019
The Salvation Army’s India Northern Territory is responding to floods that have brought destruction over a large area.
20 August 2019
Photographers are being encouraged to participate in a new competition, capturing the essence of women in mission and ministry
13 June 2019
The Day of Prayer has been intentionally planned to engage churches and communities in tangible action against trafficking
04 June 2019
The board will give strategic direction, act as guardians of the Others Global brand and ensure the ongoing transparency and accountability of Others
22 May 2019
On the final day of the ‘Ready to Serve’ event, more than 500 young people encountered the Holy Spirit and dedicated themselves to God
26 April 2019
As Sri Lankans try to regain a sense of normality following the Easter terror attacks, Col Suresh Pawar asks for the prayers of the global Salvation Army
09 April 2019
Child protection practitioners from around the world attended a three-day conference in March 2019, focusing on ‘New Learning and Best Practice’
12 March 2019
The General called on all present to find more ways to be effective in engaging Salvationists and the wider Salvation Army in the issues of the day.
01 January 2019
Mission must be the priority ‘however and wherever we connect with The Salvation Army’, says international leader
27 December 2018
The 376-page Salvation Army Year Book 2019 is available now, providing a complete overview of ministry right around the world