The zonal departments at International Headquarters are the main administrative link with territories and commands. The international secretaries give oversight to and coordinate the Army's work in their respective geographical regions.
The International Secretary for the South Asia Zone is Commissioner Alistair Venter and the Secretary for Women's Ministries is Commissioner Marieke Venter.
Contact the Zonal Department
Territories in the Zone
The Salvation Army South Asia Zone includes the following Territories, Commands and Regions:
- Bangladesh Command
- India Central Territory (States: Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, part of Tamil Nadu)
- India Eastern Territory (States: Assam, part of Bengal, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, Tripura; also Nepal)
- India Northern Territory (States: Bihar, Harayana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Jharkhand, Orissa, Punjab, Sikkim, Uttar Pradesh, Uttaranchal and West Bengal, the Union Territories of Delhi, Chandigarh and the Andaman and Nicobar Islands)
- India South Eastern Territory (States: part of Tamil Nadu, Pondicherry)
- India South Western Territory (State: Kerala)
- India Western Territory (States: Gujarat, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan)
- Middle East Region
- Pakistan Territory
- Sri Lanka Territory
Click on the map pins for local contact details and websites.
News from around South Asia
16 December 2021
The Salvation Army is working in New Mexico to provide donations management of nearly 100 tons given to support the US’s ‘Operation Allies Welcome’.
09 November 2021
The international leaders joined representatives of Christian churches and organisations from around the world.
08 November 2021
A ‘virtual visit’ from General Brian Peddle and Commissioner Rosalie Peddle was a highlight of 50th anniversary celebrations for the Bangladesh Command.
01 November 2021
Salvationists and friends from across the world lifted prayers to God in response to the General's call for a Second Global Wave of Prayer for COVID-19.
27 October 2021
An event took place in a 600-person marquee in Lahore, with large screens enabling the international leaders to be take part.
21 October 2021
General Brian Peddle has paid tribute to Commissioner Betty Matear as she steps down from the role of Secretary for International Ecumenical Relations.
20 October 2021
Celebration and action marked The Salvation Army’s recognition of the International Day of the Girl.
14 October 2021
A new Salvation Army statement on ‘Caring for the Environment’ calls for immediate action to be taken to address and combat ‘environmental degradation’.
13 October 2021
The Salvation Army and friends around the world are being called to take part in an international prayer initiative on Sunday 24 October.
01 October 2021
The Salvation Army is using the day to bring attention on the positive impact girls can have on God’s creation.