On Sunday 24 October, join with the international Salvation Army as we send a continuous wave of prayer around the globe.
While loss continues to be our reality, we still have so much to be thankful for. Our God is faithful and as we emerge into a post-pandemic world, we must seek his guidance for our next steps.
- Read our news story about this event with full details
- Follow @salvarmyspirituallife on Facebook and Instagram
- Connect with the Second Global Wave of Prayer for COVID-19 Facebook event for more updates: fb.me/e/VAL9cwHy
What are we praying for?
Commissioner Bronwyn Buckingham, World Secretary for Spiritual Life Development, shares four areas to help focus our prayer:
- ‘Lament for the loss that continues to be our reality – loss of life, education, employment, income, family interactions, celebration of significant life milestones – the list goes on;
- Thanksgiving for effective vaccines and urgent intercession for equitable distribution;
- Praise for the faithfulness of God and the new mission opportunities that have emerged through this season;
- Seeking God’s heart for his Church – including The Salvation Army – as we emerge into a post-pandemic world.’
So you are invited to catch the wave, to unite as an international Salvation Army family, to spend time in prayer for our world. We are all living in different circumstances. Whether you are praying alone or with others, at home or at church, online or in person – just pray.
Not sure how to pray? Salvation Army centres around the world have put together these resources for you to use to help guide your times of prayer. Each link will take you to a separate PDF.
How can I get involved?
Firstly – please pray! Wherever you are, however else you spend your day, we would love you to spend at least a few moments talking to God about the pandemic – lamenting, giving thanks, praising him and seeking his heart.
You can also be involved in these ways:
Users of Facebook, Twitter and Instagram are encouraged to add their own stories using the #TSAPrayerWave hashtag.
You can share where and how you are praying, you can share a prayer in your posts, you can share Bible verses and reflections that others may find helpful. If you gather with others to pray – let us know!
Change your profile picture!
We've created these images for you to download and use as your own profile picture. Just click/tap to open the full-size image, save it to your device, then navigate to your social media account and set it as your profile picture. The idea is to flood Facebook, Twitter, Instagram – and anywhere else you choose – with our Wave of Prayer, letting people know that we are intercessing!
You can also add a frame to your existing profile picture using Twibbon. This is an even better way to show your support for the Wave of Prayer!
A new feature for the 2021 prayer wave is a selection of three live-streamed prayer meetings, each taking place in a different part of the globe.
- Meeting 1 (7am UTC+1) – led by Major Arif Masih, Secretary for Spiritual Life Development in the Pakistan Territory
- Meeting 2 (11am UTC+1) – led by Commissioner Bronwyn Buckingham (World Secretary for Spiritual Life Development) from London, UK
- Meeting 2 (4pm UTC+1) – led by Lieut-Colonel Carolee Israel, Territorial Secretary for Spiritual Life Development in the USA Southern Territory
All three 30-minute prayer meetings will be accessible via links on this page (please check back closer to the day).
This blog is an opportunity to share prayers, reflections and experiences of how COVID-19 has affected you and your community. The blog will also share content that appears on social media channels. Users of Facebook, Twitter and Instagram are encouraged to add their own stories using the #TSAPrayerWave hashtag, or you can simply submit your comment to the box at the bottom.