Work in Angola was officially established in 1985. Having been part of the Congo (Kinshasa) and Angola Territory, it became a separate command on 1 March 2008.
In 1974, two officers orginally from Angola but trained and served in Congo (Kinshasa) entered Angola by Uige Province to commence Salvation Army meetings in that part of the country. In 1978, other Salvationists from Kinshasa met in Angola's capital, Luanda, and `opened fire'. The Salvation Army was officially recognised by the Anolga Government on 14 February 1992.
Salvationists in the command continue to show desire to spread the Army's presence throughout the country. Through their discipleship and evangelism they are ministering in places where the work is already established but also in new locations. As a result, they are seeing an increase in the number of people who are being enrolled as soliders.
Lieut-Colonel Graçia Matondo - Officer Commanding
Lieut-Colonel Lydia Matondo - Command President of Women's Ministries
Major Mario Nhacumba - General Secretary
Major Celeste Nhacumba - Command Secretary of Women's Ministries
Igreja Exército de Salvação,
Rua Olympia Macueira,
Comuna de Palanca,
Postal address: Caixa Postal 1656-C, Luanda, Angola
Tel: + (00244) 928 570 867/ 938 417 805
Angola Command Email Address: email@example.com
Countries included in the command: Angola
Languages in which the gospel is preached: Humbundu, Kikongo, Kimbundu, Lingala, Chokwe, Ngangela, Portuguese