Americas and Caribbean
The zonal departments at International Headquarters are the main administrative link with territories and commands. The international secretaries give oversight to and coordinate the Army's work in their respective geographical regions.
The International Secretary for the Americas and Caribbean Zone is Commissioner Mark Tillsley and the Secretary for Women's Ministries is Commissioner Sharon Tillsley.
Contact the Zonal Department
Video from the Americas and Carribean Zone
- The Salvation Army's USA Southern Territory produces a weekly video magazine - Salvation Army Today
- USA Western Territory offer SAVN.TV, the 'intersection of technology and ministry'
- USA Eastern Territory presents http://samedia.org/theset/The Set
Territories in the Zone
The Salvation Army Americas and Caribbean Zone includes the following Territories:
- Brazil Territory
- Canada and Bermuda Territory
- Caribbean Territory (Antigua, Bahamas, Barbados, Dominican Republic, French Guiana, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, St Kitts, St Lucia, St Maarten, St Vincent, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks & Caicos)
- Latin America North Territory (Belize, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Panama, Venezuela)
- Mexico Territory
- South America East Territory (Argentina, Paraguay, Uruguay)
- South America West Territory (Bolivia, Chile, Ecuador, Peru)
- USA Central Territory
- USA Eastern Territory
- USA Southern Territory
- USA Western Territory
Click on the map pins for local contact details and websites.
News from around the Americas and Caribbean
12 June 2019
Meetings covered the migrant caravan making its way through Central America and the refugee crisis for countries bordering Venezuela
04 June 2019
The board will give strategic direction, act as guardians of the Others Global brand and ensure the ongoing transparency and accountability of Others
13 May 2019
The visit to the USA Southern by the Chief of the Staff and Commissioner Bronwyn Buckingham (WSWM) began in Birmingham, Alabama
01 May 2019
Rapidly melting snow and heavy rain has had a devastating effect on three Canadian provinces. The Salvation Army has been responding.
09 April 2019
Child protection practitioners from around the world attended a three-day conference in March 2019, focusing on ‘New Learning and Best Practice’
12 March 2019
The General called on all present to find more ways to be effective in engaging Salvationists and the wider Salvation Army in the issues of the day.
12 March 2019
50 years of music ministry from The Salvation Army’s Canadian Staff Band were marked with a series of concerts and worship services in Toronto
06 March 2019
After tornadoes hit Alabama and Georgia, USA, The Salvation Army’s well-rehearsed emergency response swung into action.
04 February 2019
Local communities, including The Salvation Army, are providing shelter, resources and support to a 'migrant caravan' in Tijuana, Mexico
21 January 2019
The Centre for Coexistence and Psychosocial Care, which opened on 18 January, is an initiative linked to The Salvation Army’s Bridges Project in Boa Vista