Americas and Caribbean
The zonal departments at International Headquarters are the main administrative link with territories and commands. The international secretaries give oversight to and coordinate the Army's work in their respective geographical regions.
The International Secretary for the Americas and Caribbean Zone is Commissioner Mark Tillsley and the Secretary for Women's Ministries is Commissioner Sharon Tillsley.
Contact the Zonal Department
Video from the Americas and Carribean Zone
- The Salvation Army's USA Southern Territory produces a weekly video magazine - Salvation Army Today
- USA Western Territory offer Share Change, the 'intersection of technology and ministry'
Territories in the Zone
The Salvation Army Americas and Caribbean Zone includes the following Territories:
- Brazil Territory
- Canada and Bermuda Territory
- Caribbean Territory (Antigua, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, French Guiana, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, St Kitts, St Lucia, St Maarten, St Vincent, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks & Caicos)
- Latin America North Territory (Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama, Venezuela)
- Mexico Territory
- South America East Territory (Argentina, Paraguay, Uruguay)
- South America West Territory (Bolivia, Chile, Ecuador, Peru)
- USA Central Territory
- USA Eastern Territory
- USA Southern Territory
- USA Western Territory
Click on the map pins for local contact details and websites.
News from around the Americas and Caribbean
05 June 2020
In an exclusive video interview, the leaders speak openly and passionately about lockdown and the challenges and opportunities presented.
04 June 2020
Emergency food provision continues to underpin The Salvation Army’s response around the globe along with hygiene supplies, health education, accommodation
27 May 2020
In many remote locations, The Salvation Army is providing enhanced services because of the economic side effects of COVID-19
22 May 2020
April–June issue of All the World, The Salvation Army’s international magazine, has been published online and can be accessed for free
19 May 2020
The Salvation Army now has COVID-19 responses in more than 100 of the 131 countries in which it officially operates
15 May 2020
While much of the world remains under some form of lockdown, there are shoots of encouragement as some countries start to carefully ease restrictions
12 May 2020
Displaced is a 50-minute documentary filmed on location in Brazil, and incorporates experiences of migrants from around the world
07 May 2020
Schools run by The Salvation Army across the world have been adapting in the light of COVID-19 to ensure continuity of education
29 April 2020
In a new video, General Brian Peddle shares how he remained connected with Salvation Army leaders and reflects on how to pray during the pandemic.
28 April 2020
The group will provide much-needed support, freeing local Salvationists to concentrate on fulfilling pressing needs