National Contact Persons
National Contact Persons fulfil a crucial role in the Salvation Army European Anti-Human Trafficking Network. Their role and tasks are summarized as follows.
On a national level the National Contact Person:
- has knowledge and understanding of available services for survivors of trafficking within their country,
- participates in (or coordinates) a network of NGOs on issues of Anti-Human Trafficking,
- takes initiative to organize national Anti-Human Trafficking Network meetings where they are not yet existing,
- shares resources, expertise and contacts within the Anti-Human Trafficking Network and with other relevant stakeholders,
- raises awareness in the country on issues of anti-human traffi cking.
On a European level the National Contact Person:
- is linked to the European Anti-Human Trafficking Task Force of The Salvation Army,
- is a low threshold contact for other countries in carrying out reconnection and rehabilitation programmes,
- monitors the process of repatriation and reintegration of survivors of trafficking within The Salvation Army in their country.