IT Security Analyst
THE SALVATION ARMY
An exciting opportunity has become available for an IT Security Analyst with the International Headquarters IT department of The Salvation Army, one of the largest voluntary organisations in the world covering 132 countries.
As a member of the Infrastructure and Connectivity Team, the IT Security Analyst, will be responsible for infrastructure protection, this includes the design, development and implementation of our IT controls and policies, the monitoring and response processes. You’ll work with infrastructure technology and critical systems including networks, hardware, software, identities & data), preventing unauthorised access, unwanted changes and ensuring compliance. The IT Security Analyst will also provide guidance to the International Headquarters as well as our 40+ supported territories globally.
You’ll be part of a wider team that responds to cyber security threats and seeks continuous improvement. The IT Security Analyst you will be joining a growing team and will be given the opportunity to progress. You will be working in an ITIL environment therefore previous experience of this is preferred. A desire to understand technical problems and a possession of good analytical skills is a pre-requisite.
To be considered for this Infrastructure Analyst role you will have the following skills and experience:
- Degree level or equivalent
- +5 years of experience working in an IT related role.
- +2 years hands on experience in an IT security related role.
- Hands on experience with cloud-based security systems (Office 365, AWS, Azure).
- Knowledge and understanding Cyber security threats and attacks (man in the middle, phishing, ransomware).
- Experience of Cisco products including Meraki and umbrella.
- Knowledge and understanding WAN edge security protocols.
- Exposure to more than one firewall manufacturer.
- Exposure to recovery options for business continuity purposes.
- Extensive knowledge and exposure with Microsoft security and compliance.
- Experience with website and internet traffic security by means if SSL certification.
- Experience of security audits by means of penetration testing.
- Hands on experience with awareness training.
You are proactive, innovative and enjoy supporting people, working well within a team. You will remain calm under pressure and have the ability to solve problems, maintain confidentiality and professionalism at all times.
You will be in sympathy with the aims and objectives of The Salvation Army.
Salary: Available upon confirmation of application plus a travel to work allowance up to £3400pa
Hours: 35 per week plus occasional weekend work and overseas travel
Benefits: Contributory Pension Scheme - 25 days annual leave,
plus 8 Bank Holidays per annum
Closing Date: Friday 14th May 2021
Interview Date: Monday 24th May 2021
There will be a technical test conducted on either 17th or 18th of May, successful completion will determine who will be shortlisted for the interviews.
Promoting equality in the workplace
The Salvation Army is a registered charity
CV’s will be accepted.
Apply for this job
You must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this job. Please confirm that this is the case before continuing.
Are you eligible to work in the UK?