In 2013 The Faith and Order Commission of the World Council of Churches published The Church - Towards a Common Vision. The text has been developed over two decades, following the responses to Baptism, Eucharist and Ministry (1982) which identified ecclesiology as a key area of divergence among churches. Denominations were invited to submit official responses to The Church by December 2015.
A full text of The Church - Towards a Common Vision can be found here.
The text is also available in a variety of other languages:
- Czech (translation courtesy of Svetlana Hanke-Jarosova and the Czech Bishops Conference)
- Finnish (translation courtesy of the Finnish Ecumenical Council)
- Italian (translation courtesy of Rivista Il Regno, Bologna, Italy)
- Korean (translation courtesy of the Korean Host Committee for the WCC 10th Assembly)
- Norwegian (translation courtesy of the Christian Council of Norway)
- Swedish (translation courtesy of the Christian Council of Sweden)
The International Theological Council was tasked by the General to prepare a brief response from The Salvation Army and this was approved for submission by the International Management Council.
We invite your thoughts and comments on the WCC paper or the Army's response. Please be gracious in your comments, and be respectful of the different cultures and worldviews from which people may come.