- Anti-human trafficking
- Singing the Songs of Justice
Both the rich and the poor, the despised, the distressed - they'll sit down in the Kingdom of God
- A Call for Climate Justice
How big is the issue of climate change and how are we as seekers of Christ’s justice to respond to it in all its complexity? These are the questions we set out to address in "A Call for Climate Justice". Available here as a downlodable PDF file.
- Jesus and Justice
A new book-length study that has been developed by the International Social Justice Commission. It is available here as a downlodable PDF file in English, Spanish, French and Danish.
- Why Social Justice?
A paper presented by Dr Roger Green on social holiness and Wesleyan Theology at the Speak Out on-line conference. Used by permission of the author.
- Christian Social Action: Is it worth the effort?
A paper presented at the Speak Out on-line conference by Dani Shaw – a lawyer, Christian social justice advocate, former political adviser to the Prime Minister of Canada and a senior political advisor to two federal Ministers of Health in Canada. Used by permission of the author.
- Biblical Reflections on Social Justice Advocacy
In this paper from the Speak Out on-line conference, Commr Andrew Kalai explores the scriptures to see how they support the notion of Social Justice and Advocacy. Used by permission of the author.
- Advocacy for Social Justice
A presentation by Fanny Frank-Mohlin and Madeleine Sundell (Sweden) at the Speak Out on-line conference. Used by permission of the authors.
- The Salvation Army and the UN – Being Good Neighbors
In their paper at the Speak Out on-line conference, Bram and Carolyn Bailey examine the relationship of The Salvation Army with the UN, what drives it and how it works. Used by permission of the authors.
- The Salvation Army and Social Justice
- A paper by Lieut-Colonel Karen Shakespeare, entitled “Fulfilling the Great Commission in the 21st Century” delivered to the International Doctrine Council of The Salvation Army.
- Pathways to Justice Workshop (updated February 2012)
A downloadable presentation and facilitator's guide for a group discussion that helps prepare people for action to fight social injustice in wise, principled Christian ways.
- Reflections on Living Below the Line
Chris Brekke shares some thoughts on his own experience of 'living below the line' in Manhattan early in May, 2011.
Other Salvation Army Resources
- Communion with the Poor
A monograph presented by Lieut-Colonel Paul Bollwahn at the Speak Out on-line conference summarizing the ethical basis for The Salvation Army's social services, emphasizing its role in advocacy for social justice. and pointing out that leadership and its policy activity is intrinsic to success. Used by permission of the author.
Reports related to the UN
- Reports related to the United Nations
A listing of downloadable statements and reports relating to the work of the ISJC at the United Nations in 2011.
- A Blight on the Nation: Slavery in Today's America
- Bible Study: Set the Captives Free
- Recommended Reading: The Slave Next Door
- Report on Homelessness in Canada
- World Youth Convention 2010: 'In Pursuit of Justice'
- Fanny Frank-Mohlin
- 'The Plight of the Girl Child'
- Opening and Dedication of ISJC
- 'The World Through Women’s Eyes'
- 'Les Filles de l'Est'
Useful Bible verses
Psalm 23:1-5, Matthew 6:13-15