Adjutant and Mrs Francis Dare began the work in Tabora, Tanzania (formerly known as Tanganyika), in November 1933, as part of the East Africa Territory. In 1950, at the request for assistance from the Colonial Governor, the Army set up Mgulani Camp, where the Tanzania Headquarters is now located. Tanzania became a separate command on 1 October 1998 and a territory on 1 February 2008.
Territorial Headquarters: Kilwa Road, Dar es Salaam
- PO Box 1273
Dar es Salaam
tel/fax:  (22) 2850468/2850542
Languages in which the gospel is preached: Kiswahili and various tribal languages