www.ejercitodesalvacion.org.ar

Four officers, who knew no Spanish, established The Salvation Army in Buenos Aires in 1890. Operations spread to other South American nations, of which Paraguay (1910), Uruguay (1890) and Argentina now comprise the South America East Territory.

The Salvation Army was recognised as a juridical person in Argentina by the Government Decree of 26 February 1914 (No A 54/909); in Uruguay by the Ministry of the Interior on 17 January 1917 (No 366537); and in Paraguay by Presidential Decree of 28 May 1928 (No 30217).






Territorial Headquarters: Avda. Rivadavia 3257 (C1203AAE), Buenos Aires, Argentina

Postal address:

    Casilla de Correos 2240 (C1000WAW)
    Buenos Aires
    Argentina

Cables: Salvación Buenos Aires
tel/fax: [54] (11) 4864-9321/9348/9491/1075
email: ejersaljefatura@SAE.salvationarmy.org

Countries included in the territory: Argentina, Paraguay, Uruguay

Language in which the gospel is preached: Spanish

Periodicals: El Cruzado, El Oficial, El Salvacionista, Ellas (Women’s Ministries Magazine)