The Salvation Army welcomes honest, friendly and open conversation and values the interaction and freedom that social media affords. We run numerous Facebook pages, Twitter accounts, a Flickr photo sharing and YouTube video sharing site, among others.
We are keen for Salvationists and friends to share ideas, experiences and communicate with each other. However we reserve the right to remove comments or discussion posts which stop this happening.
To keep our social media community useful and safe for everyone we reserve the right to remove comments which:
- Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
- Are off-topic for the thread of conversation in question
- Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
- Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
- Could break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity (this includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court)
- Advertise products or services for profit or gain
- Deliberately impersonate someone else
- Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
- Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
- Are considered to be 'spam' (posts containing the same message posted multiple times)
- Are ‘trolling’, or posting deliberately disruptive statements meant to hijack comment threads or throw discussions off-track, or are repeatedly off-topic for the comment, discussion or post on which you are posting .
By participating, contributors agree to uphold these guidelines.
Contributors who repeatedly breach the guidelines will have their comments removed and be blocked from further contribution.
While we take great care to moderate user-generated content, please report any inappropriate usage to IHQ-Website@salvationarmy.org.
The appearance of external links on this site does not constitute official endorsement on behalf of The Salvation Army.
Please note that all responses to Salvation Army web pages, Facebook links and status updates, Twitter posts, etc are public. Contributions may be re-used in other Salvation Army communications. All comments, links and posts made on this page, including those removed by us and any response made, are retained by The Salvation Army. Information posted may be passed to relevant authorities and organisations. We appreciate your cooperation and support.