www.salvationarmy.org/phl

The first Protestant preaching of the gospel in The Philippines was undertaken by Major John Milsaps, a chaplain appointed to accompany US troops from San Francisco to Manila in July 1898. Major Milsaps conducted open-air and regular meetings and led many into a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.

The advance of The Salvation Army in The Philippines came at the initiative of Filipinos who had been converted through contact with the Army in Hawaii and then returned to their homeland. During the period 1933-37 they commenced meetings in Panay, Luzon, Cebu and Mindanao Islands. In June 1937 Colonel and Mrs Alfred Lindvall officially inaugurated this widespread work.

The Salvation Army was incorporated in 1963 as a religious and charitable corporation under Company Registration No 24211. The Salvation Army Social Services were incorporated in 1977 as a social welfare and development corporation under Company Registration No 73979 and The Salvation Army Educational Services was incorporated in 2001 as an educational corporation under Company Registration No A200009937.




Territorial Headquarters: 1414 Leon Guinto Sr St, Ermita, Manila 1000, The Philippines

Postal address:
    PO Box 3830
    Manila 1099
    The Philippines

Tel: [63] (2) 524 0086/88
PR Dept: [63] (2) 536 3068
Fax: [63] (2) 521 6912
email: saphl1@phl.salvationarmy.org;

Country included in the territory: The Philippines

Languages in which the gospel is preached: Antique�o (Kinaray-a), Bagobo, Bicolano, Cebuano, English, Hiligaynon (Ilonggo), Ilocano, Korean, Pangasinan, Filipino (Tagalog), T’boli, Waray

Periodicals: Home League Programme Aids, War Cry