www.png.salvationarmy.org

The Salvation Army officially commenced in Papua New Guinea on 31 August 1956 and the first meeting was conducted on Sunday 21 October at the Royal Police Constabulary Barracks in Port Moresby. The first officers appointed to the work there were Major and Mrs Keith Baker and Lieutenant Ian Cutmore. On 4 July 1994, after 38 years as part of the Australia Eastern Territory, Papua New Guinea became an independent command and on 9 December 2000 was promoted to territory status.



Territorial Headquarters: Angau Dr, Boroko, National Capital District

Postal address
    PO Box 1323
    Boroko
    NCD
    Papua New Guinea

tel: [675] 325-5522/5507
fax: [675] 323 3282

Country included in the territory: Papua New Guinea

Languages in which the gospel is preached: English, Hiri Motu, Pidgin and 30 local languages

Periodicals: Tokaut